What is meant by plagiarism?
Plagiarism refers to copying or work of others which is a serious offence, it will refer as stealing one’s work or ideas.
Students preparing project report copies from old project reports, internet, and other sources, these all refers as plagiarism in simple terms.
According to Word web online dictionary plagiarism refers to
A piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work
2. The act of plagiarizing; taking someone’s words or ideas as if they were your own
Rules these are considered as plagiarism
Showing others ideas/works as your works
2. stealing verses or thoughts from others without giving acknowledgment
3. Not using quotes in the place of quotation marks.
4. Providing incorrect information about the source
5. Copying and altering the words
Copying Videos, Images, Audios are also considered as plagiarism if the proper credits are not given to the author. Plagiarism can be avoided by giving proper credits and cites to the author only acknowledgement will not be enough.