Visvesvaraya Technological University
Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) is one of the largest Technological Universities in India with 16 years of Tradition of excellence in Engineering & Technical Education, Research and Innovations. It came into existence in the year 1998to cater the needs of Indian industries for trained technical manpower with practical experience and sound theoretical knowledge. University has very successfully achieved the tremendous task of bringing various colleges affiliated earlier to different Universities, with different syllabi, different procedures and different traditions under one umbrella.The university having 218 affiliated colleges, 1 constituent college and 17 Autonomouscolleges with undergraduate courses in 35 disciplines, PG program in 94 disciplines and Ph.D& M.sc(Engg.) with research programs in 592 departments, over4 lakhs Engineering Students study in the various institutes affiliated to the University. The University has 13 Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) centers in various affiliated colleges and 16 extension centers for offering PG programs.The University has revised the syllabus for UG and PG from the academic year 2014-15.It has four regional centers across the State of Karnataka in Belagavi, Bengaluru, Kalaburagi and Mysuru respectively.University is comprised of a multi-disciplinary and multi-levelinstitution offering wide ranging programmes in engineering, technology and Management. The University is making steady progress in developing and providing best technical environment for education and will continue to serve the nation in coming years.
- International Quality Award”
- Recognizing innovative and initiative-driven steps to improve the development of Quality, European society for Quality Research honored VTU with “Best Quality Leadership Award”
- Recognizing the Innovative Examination Management System initiated by VTU, Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad honored VTU with “Best Innovative Technological University in the Country” award.
VTU USEFUL BLOGS
Shravan kumar Admin of this blog. The main purpose and motto of this blog is to provide all kind of help and support to VTU students
This platform provides notes and question banks of Engineering subjects for VTU students (CBCS Scheme) prepared by experienced faculties of Cambridge Institute Of Technology, Bangalore, other reputed colleges and UNIVERSITIES
SOURECE : diginotes.in.
VTU e-Learning Centre
The e-Learning Centre was set up in August 2003 at Mysore keeping with the demands of a fast-changing scene, the e-Learning Centre has accorded due role to industry in developing e-Learning content and research activity.VTU E-Learning Centre has diversified with its full fledged activities like EDUSAT based live transmission, Web based e-learning, E-Vidya Meadia Streaming Solutions, Courses with 3D Animations, SCORM Content, Innovative Workshops for VTU Research Scholars, Faculty Development Programmes,and other technology enhanced learning initiatives for the benefit of VTU Students Community and Faculty Members, etc,.
The main objectives of the Centre are :
- Create web-based e-learning facility
- Collect, process and disseminate content developed by the faculty drawn from both academia and industry
- Provide interaction/guidance/feedback tools to learners and act as a facilitator between the experts and the students
- Supplement the conventional system of training and education and bring uniformity in technical education